Thursday, July 8, 2010

The 2 Year (non) Itch.

It may be Thursday, but for me that means it's the weekend since Mr. Val and I are taking some much needed time off to celebrate our 2 year anniversary! We decided to take a "staycation" and enjoy the many wonders of Chicago that we don't take advantage of enough. Here is the tentative agenda for our weekend:

-Sleep
-Beach
-White Sox Game
-Visit the Art Institute of Chicago's Modern Wing
-Four star dinner at Avec
-Sleep
-See Toy Story 3 and surely bawl my eyes out
-Architectural boat tour
-Sleep
-Kayak
-Scope out locations for maternity photos
-Catalan Tapas at Iron Chef Garces' restaurant
-Attend whatever street festival is taking place

I'm pretty excited, there is a lot of stuff on that list I've been dying to do for a while. One of the great ironies of living in or near a huge city like Chicago is that most residents rarely take advantage of all the amazing offerings, so we decided to do it up and live like tourists for a few days.

All of the plans are fun, but I'm most excited to be celebrating 2 years of what I have to admit has been pretty blissful married life. I try to always err on the side of humor and not sap, but I have spent the better part of the last 6 years (total time with Mr. Val) wondering how I got so lucky. You won't meet a more honest, loyal, funny, hard working, kind person than my husband. He is my very best friend in the world and every day I love him more than the last. This is why I put up with him leaving his socks everywhere. He's just that awesome.

We've come a long way in 2 years and an even longer way in the 6 we've been together. 2 years ago I thought I experienced the best day of my life:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But it's gotten better every day since:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I hope you all have an amazing weekend and feel the same love I do surrounding you everyday.

XOXO,

1 comment:

  1. Aww you're gonna make this pregnant chick tear up!! Happy Anniversary :-) Enjoy your tourist weekend!

    ReplyDelete