Tuesday, September 14, 2010

There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven


I heard this song today (in the elevator no less) and it instantly made my morning. I love the Byrds and I love Fall even better, which we've quickly transitioned into here in Chicago. Not even 2 weeks ago it was in the 90's, 100% humidity (just ask my hair) and mosquitoes sent straight from Bon Temps, LA. Cut to this week, we are finally in what is my very favorite season here in the Midwest, Autumn.

I love these crisp mornings that turn to beautiful sunny but not hot days. I spent a quiet hour just walking around at lunch yesterday, because I know very soon I'll have either a baby and/or a blizzard to contend with! Here are some of the things that rock my world in the fall:

Pumpkin Spice Lattes:



I normally try to avoid Starbucks in favor of more local coffeehouses (I miss you Brothers K.) but there is a Starbucks in my building and let's face it, the Pumpkin Spice Latte is just about perfect:

Butternut Squash:



I can't wait to make a big batch of butternut squash soup. I put crisp pancetta & thyme on mine because really, when is bacon not awesome?

The answer is never.

My Kickass Frye Riding Boots:



I sometimes just open my closet and look at these boots. These aren't the exact pair I have, mine are a lovely Cognac brown with studs up the back. My husband still doesn't (and never will) know what I paid for them (hint: a LOT), but they are so worth it. This is one of those 3 things I'd grab in a fire.

(Ok, ok, I'd grab my husband, baby & dogs. Sheesh.)


And lastly...Halloween baby hats:



Sadie darling, you may want to start getting used to the fact that mommy is going to put you in all sorts of funny hats as soon as you make your grand entrance. 'Tis my god given right and payback for you pushing your way through my loins.

So there you have it. See? Elevator music isn't all bad covers of R&B and Jessica Simpson.

XOXO,

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOO Glad I know where you stand on BABY HATS! I almost bought the most obnoxiously adorable giant sparkly flower headband for Miss Sadie...but I passed bc I wasn't sure how you would feel about it, and dang-it I should have just bought it!

    And you already know I love those boots! ;)

    I MISS YOU!!! SEE YOU SUNDAY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete