Tuesday, March 2, 2010

no judge. no jury. straight to execution.

Remember the Friends episode where someone steals Ross' leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich? The one with "the moistmaker" technology invented by Monica? That happened to me today at work, only with a specific beverage that I had been saving. I went to the fridge to find said beverage STOLEN.

Oh the humanity.

I realize that in the grand scheme of things this isn't a big deal, but when you really want something and someone TAKES it from you it leads to a less than pleasant afternoon. Which is why I spent the rest of the day wandering around the office trying to catch someone drinking it so that I could pull their toenails out with pliers one by one.

I can only hope that their Karmic balance is now tragically out of wack. If not I'm stealing a Hot Pocket out of the fridge tomorrow, just to right the scales.

Oh, and from now on I am leaving notes on my food/drink with the following note: "The owner of these foodstuffs has a raging case of Herpes and a compulsion to lick EVERYTHING."

XOXO,


3 comments:

  1. This happens at my work all the time. I label mine ' THIS IS NOT YOURS!' Cuz I love packing for multiple days to find the expensive soup is half gone. One of my co-workers had someone open his bag of leftover pizza, take a slice and leave him the other. I know right, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's work had a problem with people stealing food, so they put permanent dye on some "bait" and waited to catch the crook. They eventually found out who was doing it because he was walking around with blue hands. (I know it sounds like a cheesy sitcom plot, but it's a true story. I swear!) Maybe you could get crafty and rig some sort of boobytrap to catch the theif? You just need a net, a fishing pole, and some duct tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just wanted to say hi from one anonymous valentine to another!

    when you spend 8 hours of your life with people, its a big deal when one of them swipes your stuff.

    ReplyDelete