Friday, March 19, 2010

In the words of the immortal Chandler Bing...

...could I BE a worse blogger?

Sorry my pets. I've been incommunicado. I never call...I never write...my grandma would be so ashamed. But I'm here to make it up to you with another scintillating installment of Fromage Fridays, and this one, I promise, will not disappoint. Without further ado, I give you:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Truffle Tremor.

This is not a cheese for the faint of heart or wallet. It's roughly $3,780.00 per ounce and worth every deflated American penny. My gorgeous BFF introduced me to it a few years ago, much to my bank account and husband's chagrin. Long story short, it's goat cheese with truffles in it. It is the height of fabulousness and you should go get some, like, right now. You can eat it on crackers (like my husband), plain (like my aforementioned gorgeous BFF) or melted on anything you can get your hands on (like me!). You can buy it at Whole Foods or order it online. I've been lobbying Whole Foods for some sort of Cheese Lovers Rewards program without success. I'll keep you updated as to the status of said program.

They say to eat truffle tremor with Dolcetto, Albarino, Pinot Grigio or Champagne, but in my opinion you could pair it with shoe leather and it would be delicious. One unfortunate side effect of truffle tremor is that you will become more snooty upon consumption, so I am putting my 4 years of French training to use to tutor you on some phrases you might want to perfect:

-Le garçon, je plus exige de ce fromage délicieux. (Waiter, I demand more of that delicious cheese.)

-S'il vous plaît m'indiquer du côté du croissant le plus proche. (Please point me in the direction of the nearest croissant.)

-Avez-vous une récompenses d'amants de fromage programment ? (Do you have a cheese lovers rewards program?)

-Je suis fini avec mon vin et mon fromage, s'il vous plaît me dire où je peux acheter des chaussures. (I am finished with my wine and cheese, please tell me where I can buy shoes.)

So there you have it. I am actually going to pick up some truffle tremor on my way home and likely not share with my husband. Good thing he loves me so much, I'm not sure another man could put up with me.

Baisers, (Kisses)

No comments:

Post a Comment