Monday, December 3, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday

What is it about Mondays anyway?  I actually like my job, so it's not like I dread the week or anything, but Mondays have this way of going horribly awry. Today I was supposed to:

1. Be out of bed by 5:45
2. Get pot roast in the crock pot all Martha Stewart like
3. Fold some laundry
4. Blow dry my crazy hair straight

Here's what actually went down:

1. Some combo of me hitting snooze, my husband refusing to set his alarm & a toddler who decided to sleep in meant I leaped out of bed at 6:53 screaming "SHIT SHIT SHIT!"
2. Barely had time to make lunch, so yeah, pot roast can go kick rocks.  (Crappy Chinese food is is!)
3. The laundry I was supposed to fold was still in the wash.  Oops.
4. Wearing 2 day old hair in a braid. Sigh.

Oh and? My baby who normally wakes up so happy that bluebirds try to fly in our house to help dress her and do her hair? Yeah, she woke up channeling Linda Blair meets Damien  with a dash of Veruca Salt.  So I gave her a cookie for breakfast to make her stop crying.  And you know what? It worked like a charm.  I had a cookie too in fact, which is the point at which this day got infinitely better.  It's never to early to teach your kids to equate food with comfort, no?

Here's hoping your Monday is off to a better start than mine.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment