Friday, November 13, 2009

Flattery will get you nowhere.

Here is a re-enactment of the first five minutes of my morning at work:

Co-worker: Did you go out last night?
Me: No. Why?
Co-worker: You don't look so good.
Me: Wow. Thanks.
Co-worker: No, I mean, you don't look awful, it's just that your eyes are bloodshot.
Me: Again. Thanks.
Co-worker: I went out last night if that makes you feel better.
Me: It doesn't.

There are some things you just don't say to people, especially women. I know I'm not Giselle, but I fancy myself fairly attractive. Just because I'm wearing a headband doesn't mean I'm recovering from a bender at the Chateau Marmont.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is so rude! I've gotten the, "You look tired." remark before, but not flat out "You don't look so good." Geeze!

    ReplyDelete