Sunday, November 8, 2009

We will title this segment...

...clues that I am losing my edge.

I will preface this by saying that I am not old. There is nothing more annoying than a twenty-something bemoaning her aged state, which I'm not. That said, I am noticing some disturbing new trends as I inch towards my twenty-tenth birthday that indicate my coolness factor is rapidly diminishing. You be the judge:

1. I ate grapefruit for breakfast BOTH days this weekend.

2. I Tivo'd both Sunday Morning AND 60 Minutes. And I've already watched them both.

3. I got unnervingly excited at the prospect of mulling cider.

4. I saw a skankily dressed teenager and muttered "where are her parents?" under my breath.

I wasn't always like this. I use to have some street cred, but I think it's waning. Oh well, I may not be smoking on my dad's roof anymore but I still do know Tupac's entire catalogue by heart. So I got that goin' for me.

Which is nice.

1 comment:

  1. I was just talking about this today! For Halloween I didn't get one of my friend's costumes because I had never seen (not to mention heard of) the MTV Will Arnett show "Human Giant." I realized I have no idea what is on MTV anymore. The great thing is though, that I don't care. I know I'm past MTV's target audience, and that is perfectly acceptable by me. :)

    ReplyDelete