Monday, January 18, 2010

Just call me Grace.

I hate the word clumsy. It sounds so benign, like, "She's cute! And clumsy! No big deal!" Except it is a big deal when you are clumsy, like me. I am constantly falling down, running into things, stubbing my toe, bonking my head, you name it, I'll smack it on an inanimate object. Normally they are little bumps and bruises but every now and then I really get the job done. Like yesterday when I, wait for it:

Fell up the stairs.

Yep. You read it right. I fell UP the stairs. No easy feat, unless you are as similarly clumsy as I am. It's totally my karma for being such a controlling, obsessive neat freak. I was running around doing chores way too fast. I was walking upstairs with the laundry basket and just biffed it majorly. I slammed into the stairs and then fell down.

I, being the baby that I am, promptly burst into tears that Jakey came and licked away. Once I was done howling like a baby I surveyed the damage. A broken toenail, a bruise the size of a grapefruit on my shin, a knee that won't bend more than 45 degrees and an ass that is sore from tumbling down 2 stairs onto the hard tile.

So now I'm on near fatal doses of Advil, have a heating super glued to my knee and the hubs is ever so kindly taking care of dinner & cleaning.

Apparently being clumsy does have some advantages.

2 comments:

  1. More reason to believe you may be my other half. My mom's nickname for me is Grace. I am best known for walking into door frames. Because apparently 3' of space is not enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest Emily,

    In an attempt to make you feel better about your own clumsiness, I'd like to inform you that I not only fall UP the stairs, but I also have the disturbing ability to trip over... air. Yes, air. I don't know why and I don't know how. Maybe that guy Newton could give me some insight as to why the invisible force of, well........ nothing is able to trip me while walking to class or running the mile during gym.

    The worst part of this whole thing, is that after tripping on nothing and hitting knee on a chair or falling in to a table, I APOLOGIZE! I apologize to the inanimate object. It's SO weird! One day, that chair or table is going to be like, "You're apology is NOT accepted." That'd be strange.

    Well, See ya!
    love,
    megan

    ReplyDelete