Thursday, January 14, 2010

Theoretical Thursday

As a nod to our friendly neighbors to the North who will be hosting the rapidly approaching Winter Olympics, here is the first installment of theoretical Thursday:

If you were a winter Olympian, what event would you compete in & why?

Please. This is a no brainer. I would be a figure skater. I love sequins, schmaltzy music and gay men. It was meant to be. Problem is, I have never even put on a pair of ice skates because the idea of flying around a block of ice on two Ginsu knives has always terrified me. Assuming I could get over that fear though, definitely a figure skater.

Your turn...what winter sport would you medal in and why?

5 comments:

  1. E...I mean Valentine I LOVE THIS POST!!!! As you already know i did the whole figure skating thing for many-a-moon! I will teach you how to throw yourself across frozen water on knives any day! And let you wear my national title medal...which is kindly displayed on the back of our hall closet.

    I would agree on that choice, but since I have been there done that. I would choose downhill skiing or the luge. Nothing like throwing your self down a frozen mountain, with a goal of gaining as much speed as physically possible, while maintaining composure and mental strength to stop on a dime with you cross the dinky line in the sand...i mean snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to be an ice skater as well! I was obsessed with ice skating as a little girl. I loved Nancy Kerrigan and Oksona Biual. I used to pretend to ice skate on my kitchen floor while wearing a swimsuit and tights! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuddling. Not a sport? Ok, then downhill skiing. I tend to be very good at going downhill very fast.

    I like the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobsledding! Because... You race sitting down and you get to wear a helmet.

    Also, you have seen me ski. And Dance. And try to use my arms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a toss-up between skiing and figure skating. I'm certainly better at skiing, but I had legit training in skating. (Leads you to believe it should be the other way around, no?) Anywho how about you and I enter into pairs and skate together?

    ReplyDelete