Friday, January 29, 2010

Talk gouda to me baby.

Since I remain on the hunt for new and inventive "theme" days, welcome to the first installment of Fromage Fridays, a new an exciting series where I highlight a particularly sexy cheese. We begin with Shropshire Blue which can be ogled below (cue the slow jam):

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That rind. Those blue streaks. That beautiful throbbing...never mind.

In case you thought I was joking, I love cheese. When I broke up with my high school sweetheart, my best friend didn't bring over Ben & Jerry's, rather a baguette, wheel of Camembert & fig jelly. (Try it, it will make you believe in God.) The cheese above is a wonderful departure from regular Stilton or Blue, stronger in flavor & less nutty. It can be bought via the wonderful people at Artisan Cheese, available at http://www.artisanalcheese.com/.

This is a lovely cheese for the end of a meal, it likes long walks on the beach, the Sweet Valley High series of books and dogs that don't bark. Oh yeah.

2 comments:

  1. Fromage Fridays?

    I LOVE this blog like cheese and wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In every entry I find another reason to love you more. SVH rocked my world.

    ReplyDelete